Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Meaning of Love.

I love this old Depeche Mode song, It expresses deeply what I´ll say, Love. I love to write about love, love stories in fact, I can blame Jane Austen´s novels and all romantic comedies I´ve been watching all my life, I ended up a romantic and more important, a romantic writer.


All my novels have love in, no matter if it´s a Sci Fi, a violent thriller or a hard boiled suspense, love is the engine of then, the turning point of the characters, love will show up sooner or later and no matter how hard I try to avoid love , I can´t scape, It´ll be there. As a matter of fact, the only story that doesn´t have a love in, I was so proud I could make it, I wrote almost 250 pages without a love interest, infatuation or affair, but I always thought, I know It´s a excellent Sci Fi tale but I can´t resist to think I could have put some love in it, just to not break the chain.


I think I´m the only guy who likes "Sex and The City", I know, I know but since the first episode, I´ve became a fan. I´m just like them, Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte, I´m still looking for the Miss Right. Yeah, I am. maybe that´s why I choose the romantic stories to write, the pursuit for a great someone that will complete you, respect you, support you, kiss you and more important, love you. All my romantic novels have it, someone that loved and lost and get together in the end, that special person who came from a casual encounter, like my newest novel, which because a CD, they started a conversation and then, started to know each other and the love was born. Maybe it looks tacky or not but It´s the way I see and write, my way to see and understand love.


My last girlfriend, I had the luck to meet her that way, by chance and because of a t-shirt. I went to a Star Wars/ Comics Convention and there she was, wearing a Sin City t-shirt and I came and said "I love Sin City and your t-shirt" and it worked out, we started to talk, became friends and later we were on a date and on a relationship but all good things come to an end and that ended too but I will not give up, I´ll find my other half, my soul mate or just someone who loves me and I´ll love back, I think I´m a romantic, if I wasn´t , I wouldn´t waste my time writing love stories and reading love stories. The happy end is somewhere and I´ll find, just like my characters and I really hope I won´t have to wait 250-300 pages to find it, will I?

1 comment:

Kimberly Wallace said...

It happens when you least expect it, when you least want it, when you least need it. It also happens at exactly the right time.