Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Something made me wonder

Last Monday, I was spending some time with a friend, eating Big Macs and drinking strawberry/chocolate milkshakes and suddenly she came with something: Why there are so many famous people and some that aren´t? I just looked to her and answered: Luck. She agreed and we continued, but just for fun,pointing those who are and aren´t.


After, I realised that what I just said isn´t 100% certain, luck is am important part but other things are too, capacity, perseverance, hard work and talent but without luck, nothing any of those things really matter.


I never was a famous person, popular, just the average guy, the hard worker , with a little number but true friends, I really never bothered me in fact, I´m luck at some aspects of my life, but famous? Not my thing. I was or am that popular type, who draws followers and are the center of the place or the group, I wish I were but I´m not . I, indeed one day expect to reach at least recognition, for my write work, My novels, but I always had the impression that one day, I will die and after that, my novels will be famous, get that important recognition that I want, just like my hero, Jane Austen.


Jane Austen only got the proper recognition after her death, even during her time she got famous fans, like the Prince of England but she even could see her name on the cover of her novels, not allowed to women during her time, I think how frustrating it was to her, something that she really worked hard to write, something that i feel sorry for her.


I´m afraid of that, to work hard and fail, to get no reader, no publishing house and see my hard work, characters and all of my passion can´t see light, die before live, that´s why I decided to create this blog, to write, to show my ideas and thoughts, to express how I feel and to be famous or at least to be read, which now, It´s the most important thing to me.


About that little thing called luck, I hope I can have it, not I don´t have but in regards to my writings, I´ll post across the net, on my twitter, facebook and on forums I´m member and hope at least some like it, read it and share it , spread to others what I´m doing and who knows, to be famous or recognized before I die, which I know will happen.

3 comments:

AMx said...

Concordo, o fator principal sempre é a sorte.

Anonymous said...

It's very true! Preseverence, talent and being the best artist you can be won't mean much without luck. However, I think you're a very lucky guy and very talented and recognition will no doubt come your way!

Anonymous said...

Hope is the blueprint for disappointment. I feel that anticipating failure while often self fulfilling is really the most honest course of action.

Then again I live with my parents and failed at my first career, so my opinion probably does not amount to much at all.